About Xenos and Proud

This is a small blog about my Warhammer 40,000 hobby. I will try to concentrate on the tactics behind the general game and my Xenos armies but there will be the odd post about random stuff.

About Me

My photo
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Xenos and Proud is an 18 year old from Scotland who has been playing 40K for the last 4 years. He loves the 'under-dog' xenos armies, namely his Tyranid Gorgon splinter fleet, his Saim-Hann windrider host, his Tau Vleastean Hunter-cadre and the newest addition, the Shadowfax Corsairs. Although his tactics are mostly 'borrowed', his painting skills still 'developing' and his luck becoming evermore 'ridiculous' he continues to play, paint and roll in the hope that one day things will get better.

Tuesday 14 September 2010

Halo Reach



After have run home from school I found a very much anticipated (and pre-ordered) game. I ripped the packaging apart and sliced the annoying plastic cover then shoved the disc in and commenced 3 hours of non-stop gaming. Overall it is everything I expected and more.
After some initial confusion about the layout after having been playing MW2 for the last 10 months or so I thoroughly enjoyed the great game. Here's the best points: 

The new weapons are awesome.
The graphics are top notch.
Your SPARTAN teammates are very characterful.
The new abilities are cool (sprinting, jetpack).
The amour customization is very nice.
And the new Covenant species, vehicles and looks are cool.

And the bad:

The story line is complicated. I have read all the books but don't know what it is on about.
The new looks of the Covenant gets confusing.
The night vision is crap.
The guns are very weak.

But hey I've just started. Hopefully it will get even better the more I play and I've not even tried the multi-player yet, which looks awesome.

Anyway, enough blogging. It's time to kick some Covenant butt.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails