So what makes a blog good?
Since this blog seems to have started fairly well (from my side at least) I thought I should ask everyone what could be done to make it better. I'm all out of ideas. However here are some tips of my own for anybody else who might need some help that I found out over the last few months.
|The Success Button|
Now here are some tips for anyone but mainly newer bloggers such as myself. Please feel free to add ideas in the comments.
- Put a page-break in your posts so your homepage has a nice overview of lots of posts and people will have to click on each post to read the whole thing which will show on your stats and show you what your readers like. Also it means it is easier for people to post a comment.
- Use the link function for referencing to other sites as it is really easy but makes understanding your posts much easier. Also try not to leave it as code. Like This Link To Xenos And Proud
- Put a picture in every post. It makes them more eye catching and interesting.
- Keep updating. More posts equals more views. Try and keep to a schedule too like a post every 2 days or 3.
- One thing that helps to keep that schedule is to make a few draft posts and post them when you have no time or schedule them so you don't have to do it yourself.
- Join a warhammer blog group. I suggest FTW (from the warp) as it is run by a really dedicated guy and has hundreds of users who support each other.
- Check out other peoples blogs. If you help out other and post comments on their blogs they will do the same for you. This makes a good community that everyone can enjoy and learn from.
- Most importantly. Make your blog unique and interesting. Best way to do that is to use your own opinions and not others in a way that suits your character. Also try and dedicate your blog to either the army(ies) you play or part of the hobby you enjoy. E.g. My blog is all about my Xenos armies with a focus on every aspect of the hobby as I like all the hobby equally.
Hope this helps.
P.S. Correct me if my points are wrong and please add your own ideas as to what makes a good blog.