About Xenos and Proud

This is a small blog about my Warhammer 40,000 hobby. I will try to concentrate on the tactics behind the general game and my Xenos armies but there will be the odd post about random stuff.

About Me

My photo
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Xenos and Proud is an 18 year old from Scotland who has been playing 40K for the last 4 years. He loves the 'under-dog' xenos armies, namely his Tyranid Gorgon splinter fleet, his Saim-Hann windrider host, his Tau Vleastean Hunter-cadre and the newest addition, the Shadowfax Corsairs. Although his tactics are mostly 'borrowed', his painting skills still 'developing' and his luck becoming evermore 'ridiculous' he continues to play, paint and roll in the hope that one day things will get better.

Tuesday 28 September 2010

Turning to the Rats

Hey all,

I have been considering over the last month or so since 8th edition and the Island of Blood came out joining in with my friends who all play Fantasy with some Skaven. They seem like a really fun army with lots of random stuff going on like blowing up entire units on a lucky roll or killing your own because of an unlucky one. It may not be 40K or Xenos but it is a giant army of rats so they aren't human which is important and something different to what I have now.




Learning the rules was interesting as I just borrowed the rulebook for a week from Ko'vash but haven't played any games yet as I have no models so don't know how it works in practice. But I have the army book and all the units and equipment seem cool and crazy.

I am going to split an IoB box set with a friend to make a solid base and build from there. Eventually I want to build a Skryre army which is based around all of the crazy weapons the skaven have, Warplightning cannons, magic flamerthrowers, Doomwheels, it all sounds crazy and everything has a chance to mishap and kill itself or another unit and itself. But hopefully with a bit of luck and practiced skill this army could be competitive.

I joined and been looking around the Underempire, a skaven forum which has been helpful and easy to use with lots of good advice. They are a great forum for skaven generals and I would definitely recommend them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails