About Xenos and Proud

This is a small blog about my Warhammer 40,000 hobby. I will try to concentrate on the tactics behind the general game and my Xenos armies but there will be the odd post about random stuff.

About Me

My photo
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Xenos and Proud is an 18 year old from Scotland who has been playing 40K for the last 4 years. He loves the 'under-dog' xenos armies, namely his Tyranid Gorgon splinter fleet, his Saim-Hann windrider host, his Tau Vleastean Hunter-cadre and the newest addition, the Shadowfax Corsairs. Although his tactics are mostly 'borrowed', his painting skills still 'developing' and his luck becoming evermore 'ridiculous' he continues to play, paint and roll in the hope that one day things will get better.

Tuesday 12 October 2010

The Painting Wall of DOOOM!!!

One thing I've been finding recently that I have been doing less and less painting. I have almost stopped completely. I think I have hit the painting wall! It is the point where you just can't be bothered to pick up a brush.




So how do we get past this wall?

Well I've found before that listening to music or even better a podcast really helps the hours melt away and merge together so that it seems like no time at all. This is probably the best, most used and most obvious way to encourage yourself but I thought I'd say it anyway.

Another way I thought that I would get more interested in painting was if I got more into the fluff of the army but I just made me want to make up names and stories. This isn't a bad way but unusual.

I'm kind of stuck for ideas now on how to encourage myself. What does everyone else do? I might just have to wait until temptation comes my way again and I get over Halo Reach......

3 comments:

  1. I've hit that wall many times and you're right about the first option. It's the only thing I've found to force me to paint. That and single miniatures/characters.
    Ko'vash

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got into it by just thinking "Right, I really want to be moving my army forward" Also my "painting table" is simply my coffee table in front of my TV! I just whack in a movie or sit with the TV on DMAX or something watching American Chopper, Deadliest Catch or Mythbusters all day long hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one. I love Mythbusters! I wonder if I can get episodes on my laptop then play them when I'm in the painting dungeon.

    Thanks for tye idea Gredus. I will have to investigate this.....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails