About Xenos and Proud

This is a small blog about my Warhammer 40,000 hobby. I will try to concentrate on the tactics behind the general game and my Xenos armies but there will be the odd post about random stuff.

About Me

My photo
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Xenos and Proud is an 18 year old from Scotland who has been playing 40K for the last 4 years. He loves the 'under-dog' xenos armies, namely his Tyranid Gorgon splinter fleet, his Saim-Hann windrider host, his Tau Vleastean Hunter-cadre and the newest addition, the Shadowfax Corsairs. Although his tactics are mostly 'borrowed', his painting skills still 'developing' and his luck becoming evermore 'ridiculous' he continues to play, paint and roll in the hope that one day things will get better.

Thursday 5 May 2011

Stylish Blogger Awards!!

I was very surprised this evening to receive an E-mail from Larry over at Paint Your Toys informing me that he had chosen me for as one of his nominees of the Stylish Blogger Awards. I was obviously very surprised but also very pleased to see that my random blogging, ranting, half-baked painting and tactics has managed to have an effect worth recognition. Thank you Larry!


Anyway, this was started, I hear, by Tristan who had this to say: 

"The Stylish Blogger Award given from one blogger to another one might say, is like a pat on the back for a good job. It's definitely a viral, zombie-like spread of good will so it's too good to pass up.


The rules;
Thank and link back to the person giving you the award
Share seven things about yourself
Select 10-15 blogs who you think deserve this award
Contact these bloggers and let them know about the award."


So without further ado the opening ceremony (I may have stolen some ideas): 

1 - I took about 6 months of vigorous testing to finally discover my Tyranid paint scheme after having had them all in shambles for over a year.

2 - It still isn't perfect...... even though I've had Tyranids for about 2 years and this scheme for about a year too.

3 - I have watched 'The Simpsons Movie' three times in a row, once normally, once with one commentary then once with another.

4 - I carry around some very odd things most every day to school; namely a first-aid kit, two combs, my toothbrush, toothpaste, two sporks (little and big), several 'doggy bags', a compass, a Rubiks cube, a Swiss-Army Card, a battery-pack with four rechargeable batteries, my iPod cable, two packs of cards, a water bottle, at least three pens/pencils and a glasses cleaning cloth. All on my persons.

5 - I can solve that Rubiks cube in less than a minute and have solved a Sudoku cube too in about 2 hours. 

6 - I have the patience of a rock but the tolerance of a piece of toilet paper.

7 - I have recently taken up Ice-Hockey as a sport when I am the least violent person most people know. And the skinniest. And the most clumsy. And the worst at striking. 

Enough about me, onto my awards:

1 - pointyearedshenanigans - My best friends blog is a gimmie but I do enjoy reading it and his 'Card-bot' Titan is amazing.

2 - Combined Arms - Gredus has always been a great help and source of advise to me especially during the first months of this blog. His Tau tactics are also top-notch and I am always eager to read whatever he has to say.

3 - Tau of War - OK this was also a gimmie. OSH is a favourite in all the blogging community but I really want to thank him for the advice he gave me when I was starting Tau and the time he spent not only answering my questions and reading my blog but also my friend Ko'vash's questions and blog too. Thanks man!

4 - thegamersworkbench - I always like reading this blog and the stuff DieHard does with magnets is magnificent, especially of late. Well Done!

5 - rathstar ramblings - Another blog I always love reading and I am also in awe of his determination and commitment to his blog; how can you be bothered to write a monthly review!!! Well Done!

6 - craftworldlansing - Another blog I love to read, the ideas and information I get from here is endless. Thanks a lot.

7 - 40kaddict.blogspot - A simple blog hiding amazing talent, it always surprises me what pops up here from building plans and directions to Tyranid tactics and models it is all excellent. Well Done!

8 - whitescars-army - Although I am not a biker player I do love this blog and I just love his Quad-bikes. Cheers, it is inspriational!

And that's it. There are countless blogs I read and naming them all would take all night but it's already 22:45 and I have an exam tomorrow. Though I would like to say thank you to everyone who reads my blog, participates in the community and helps in any and every way they can.

So if you'll excuse me, I will retire off to bed.......


P.S. I couldn't find anyone's email so I will just assume all mentioned will see this and be OK with it. If not you can e-mail me at my contact e-mail found about here somewhere.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails