About Xenos and Proud

This is a small blog about my Warhammer 40,000 hobby. I will try to concentrate on the tactics behind the general game and my Xenos armies but there will be the odd post about random stuff.

About Me

My photo
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Xenos and Proud is an 18 year old from Scotland who has been playing 40K for the last 4 years. He loves the 'under-dog' xenos armies, namely his Tyranid Gorgon splinter fleet, his Saim-Hann windrider host, his Tau Vleastean Hunter-cadre and the newest addition, the Shadowfax Corsairs. Although his tactics are mostly 'borrowed', his painting skills still 'developing' and his luck becoming evermore 'ridiculous' he continues to play, paint and roll in the hope that one day things will get better.

Saturday 25 February 2012

Jolly Toys Outing Overview

So, it seems I have not actually written a review of the event. 
Well, this must be rectified.....

The day began well as everything was very well organised, in fact it was incredibly well organised throughout, well done OGC. I have put up a report of my first game which left me in a fairly bad place which wasn't helped when I played Dark Eldar in my second game. Suffice to say I lost horrible but my opponent was a great guy and very enjoyable to play so I didn't mind giving him 2350 VP's (spawned gaunts counted). Definitely my favourite opponent and even got round to chatting to him on Sunday again.

Never ends well....

My third game was just as bad a match-up on the last table (I had less than 1000 VP's; damn match-up) as I was playing Eldar on Spearhead in Table Quarters. My opponent had 6 War Walkers with 6 Bright Lances and 6 Scatter Lasers, 2x5 Fire Dragons, Eldrad, Falcon, a Seer Council on bikes and 2x5 Pathfinders. Suffice to say I lost as his lances, snipers and dragons murdered all my MC's with Fortune protecting them and Guide destroying me. Then his hidden Falcon and Serpents zoomed out and over-loaded my quarters. Life sucked then. Good guy though and I just had to suck it up and come back fighting.

My fourth and fifth games on the next day were fairly easy to be honest as being among all the other 0-3 losers I had some nice and easy marine armies to beat on. My favourite. My opponents were all friendly and decent players and as none of us were playing for good wins it was relaxing and I got to talk to many people. Thankfully I also won these two last games giving me a decent score at the end and a good feeling from my first tournament. 

My signed shirt from opponents, Dave Symcox and the TO Ben.
That was the important thing I found in the end though; the most fun I had was chatting with other gamers. In fact I was even recognised from this very blog! I can't describe how awesome that was so if you guys are reading I'm glad you said hello and hope to see you again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails