About Xenos and Proud

This is a small blog about my Warhammer 40,000 hobby. I will try to concentrate on the tactics behind the general game and my Xenos armies but there will be the odd post about random stuff.

About Me

My photo
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Xenos and Proud is an 18 year old from Scotland who has been playing 40K for the last 4 years. He loves the 'under-dog' xenos armies, namely his Tyranid Gorgon splinter fleet, his Saim-Hann windrider host, his Tau Vleastean Hunter-cadre and the newest addition, the Shadowfax Corsairs. Although his tactics are mostly 'borrowed', his painting skills still 'developing' and his luck becoming evermore 'ridiculous' he continues to play, paint and roll in the hope that one day things will get better.

Saturday 7 April 2012

Starting Corsairs

Seeing as I am utterly in love with the arrogant Corsair imagery and I 'need' a new Warhammer project I've decided to start up a Corsair force. For this army I am going to focus a lot on the modelling and painting, trying to improve my skills and also choosing units because I like them rather than 'OMG IT KICK BUTT' because as a Forgeworld army not many people will let me use it anyway; its mainly for the looks and fluff.

The Eldar must have started somewhere....
Luckily this idea of 'improving my skills' fulfills the requirements of my Duke of Edinburgh skill section (which for those non-brits is a national award thingy - google it, it's awesome fun) so I will need to keep track of my progress weekly. That's right, it means I'm going to have to update this blog frequently with awesome pictures of my Corsairs; ain't you lot lucky.

So first things first, the army list. This is 1500 points but I also have a 1000 and 600 so I can collect in stages because those Forgewolrd kits will put a dent in my pocket money funds. Here's a rundown of all the units, their equipment and roles.

HQ
Corsair Prince - Autarch equivalent 
Power Weapon - standard stuff
Shimmershield - 5+ inv for him and his unit in cc 
Melta Bombs - standard stuff 
- For assaulting troops on objectives and such

3 Bladesworn - Prince's retinue
3 Power Weapons - standard stuff 
Melta Bombs -  standard stuff 
- Protects the Prince and contribute 12 attacks on the charge.... oh yeah

Venom - Dedicated transport, oh yeah
Scatter Laser -  standard stuff
- To serve and protect


Void Dreamer - Farseer equivalent but without Runes or anything cool
Witchblade - but he does have this,
Grynx - a small magical rodent to reroll one D6 every game
Webway Portal - and he also has this, win
- A swiss army knife with the deployment bubble


Troops
10 Corsairs - Guardians basically but with BS4!
Jetpack - Love these
2 Eldar Missle Launchers - Relentless EML's....
2 Flamers - Just because I'll have them doesn't mean I'll use them
Felarch - The exarch equivalent
- To camp on objectives really

5 Corsairs - Same as above
Shuriken Cannon - standard stuff 
Fusion Gun -  standard stuff 
Felarch - Same as above but..
Power Weapon - with one of these
Haywire Grenades - and some of this!
- More swiss army knives with something deadly for anything unfriendly

Venom -  standard stuff 
Scatter Laser -  standard stuff 
- Really darn good at protecting those 5+ save Corsairs 

*Above Corsair squad is duplicated for double awesomeness

2 Wasps - Basically normal War Walkers except BS4 and with Jetpacks
4 Scatter Lasers - For the massive hordes at BS4
- Just like regular Walkers, but better!

3 Corsair Jetbikes - same as regular Guardian Jetbikes but with BS4, scouts and 2 attacks base
Shuriken Cannon -  standard stuff  
Felarch - Same as above except
Fusion Pistol - with a BS4 melta pistol
Power Weapon - and 3 attacks base with WS4!

*Above Jetbike squad is duplicated so I can outflank reliably with at least one

Fast Attack
2 Hornets -  Basically better Vypers, twice the guns, more speed, scouts, AV11
4 Pulse Lasers - For things that don't die
- This unit is for anything that MUST DIE NOW

Total = 1499

So overall it is a fast list where everything can either outflank, deepstrike or come from the webway. I really like the idea, just need to buy and build it.

P.S. If anyone can think of a banner icon for Corsairs I'd love to hear about it as I cannot think of a design for their flags and banners.
"Their arrogance is matched only by their firepower"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails