About Xenos and Proud

This is a small blog about my Warhammer 40,000 hobby. I will try to concentrate on the tactics behind the general game and my Xenos armies but there will be the odd post about random stuff.

About Me

My photo
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Xenos and Proud is an 18 year old from Scotland who has been playing 40K for the last 4 years. He loves the 'under-dog' xenos armies, namely his Tyranid Gorgon splinter fleet, his Saim-Hann windrider host, his Tau Vleastean Hunter-cadre and the newest addition, the Shadowfax Corsairs. Although his tactics are mostly 'borrowed', his painting skills still 'developing' and his luck becoming evermore 'ridiculous' he continues to play, paint and roll in the hope that one day things will get better.

Monday 23 April 2012

Modelling Corsairs

Been a fairly hectic week for me, but in the confusion I did go to the Schools League in Glasgow and got 3 solid wins with my Saim-Hann! This plus my teams scores put us in the final as the best team in Scotland!

In addition I have managed to scrape together some more corsairs but the main trouble I'm having is fighting out what heads and helmets I need. I think I'm going to have to splash out on another Corsair set and only really use the helms. I also need to get the forgeworld special weapons which is £32 for 8 guns! That'll be £50 in total for forgeworld accessories. Not good for my pocket money....

In the end it's going to be worth it for the awesome army. It's just slowing me down slightly....



2 comments:

  1. You could try making your own Corsair bits. all you really need is one set that you can cast from there. I made one and it wasn't to hard too hard to do.
    Here's the post: http://fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2012/01/forge-world-inspired-eldar-corsair.html

    Ron, FTW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making your own corsair is really hard. I've watched a few tutorial how to make it and it is really not simple. You can't even miss the tiny details about the things that you are making.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails