About Xenos and Proud

This is a small blog about my Warhammer 40,000 hobby. I will try to concentrate on the tactics behind the general game and my Xenos armies but there will be the odd post about random stuff.

About Me

My photo
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Xenos and Proud is an 18 year old from Scotland who has been playing 40K for the last 4 years. He loves the 'under-dog' xenos armies, namely his Tyranid Gorgon splinter fleet, his Saim-Hann windrider host, his Tau Vleastean Hunter-cadre and the newest addition, the Shadowfax Corsairs. Although his tactics are mostly 'borrowed', his painting skills still 'developing' and his luck becoming evermore 'ridiculous' he continues to play, paint and roll in the hope that one day things will get better.

Tuesday 3 July 2012

Corsair Fire Support

These are the fruits of several hours of love, labour, glue, green stuff, hot soapy water, a decrepit toothbrush, a deep cut in my thumb and my birthday money. Totally worth it in my opinion!

Both kits (Wasp moreso than Hornet) were fantastic and have given me tons of bits to play about with. The Wasps are amazingly posable and incredibly light, though I regret not realising earlier so I could have given them all crazy light and flexible poses. I cannot wait to shoot down some infantry or better yet flyers with these babies; 24 shots at BS4 and S6 at 36" range is nice.

And on the topic of flyers I have been reading the new rules and played about 8 test games which I all enjoyed. Saim-Hann are going to make a massive comeback and Tyranids have become much more fun. My only few complaint are random charge (I hate it), lack of Skyfire which means flyers are king right now and the fact my brand spanking new Corsairs army list is now without an FAQ/Q&A so they are void.

And I just spent all that money on void models.... well played GW.... well played....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails