About Xenos and Proud

This is a small blog about my Warhammer 40,000 hobby. I will try to concentrate on the tactics behind the general game and my Xenos armies but there will be the odd post about random stuff.

About Me

My photo
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Xenos and Proud is an 18 year old from Scotland who has been playing 40K for the last 4 years. He loves the 'under-dog' xenos armies, namely his Tyranid Gorgon splinter fleet, his Saim-Hann windrider host, his Tau Vleastean Hunter-cadre and the newest addition, the Shadowfax Corsairs. Although his tactics are mostly 'borrowed', his painting skills still 'developing' and his luck becoming evermore 'ridiculous' he continues to play, paint and roll in the hope that one day things will get better.

Monday 6 September 2010

My Tyranids

Thought I should post pictures of my armies starting with the fully painted Tyranids.

Devilgaunts
These small buggs pump out an amazing 48 shots!! They slay anything in their way.


Tervigon
This baby is my pride and joy having been converted from a tervigon and left over carnifex bits. If you look close you can see a gaunt being 'birthed'.

Shrikes
These are converted from warriors and gargoyles with upside down scything talons represented boneswords.



Venomthropes
These guys have saved many gaunts and my tervigon from a horrible death by giving them a 5+ cover. Never leave home without them.

Zoanthropes
These are the bane of enemy Land Raiders and Leman Russes with their S10 AP1 Lance!!!! Love them.

Hive Guard
These are converted from warriors with venom cannons representing  the Impaler Cannon and the lower limbs being made from left over monstrous creature scything talons.

And the would be a Hive Tyrant but his metal bonesword has fallen off again.....

I'll show him off another time when he has been fixed but before then I have a battle report in the pipes of a battle between my friends High Elves and Wood Elves.

Don't forget to add a comment. I'd love to hear your views on my painting schemes and skills.

Until next time, Luckless.

1 comment:

  1. I don't like the tyranids having weapons with triggers, they should be a part of their body not a separate weapon... makes no sense to me... But this is clearly not your mistake - just the models are wrong for some reason... It is like the tyranids would consume genes from the weapons!! - I don't get that...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails