About Xenos and Proud

This is a small blog about my Warhammer 40,000 hobby. I will try to concentrate on the tactics behind the general game and my Xenos armies but there will be the odd post about random stuff.

About Me

My photo
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Xenos and Proud is an 18 year old from Scotland who has been playing 40K for the last 4 years. He loves the 'under-dog' xenos armies, namely his Tyranid Gorgon splinter fleet, his Saim-Hann windrider host, his Tau Vleastean Hunter-cadre and the newest addition, the Shadowfax Corsairs. Although his tactics are mostly 'borrowed', his painting skills still 'developing' and his luck becoming evermore 'ridiculous' he continues to play, paint and roll in the hope that one day things will get better.

Friday 18 March 2011

Schools League Developments

So as schools league closes the tension and decisions begin to rise. Having found recent use out of Devilgaunts I am tempted to include them as they are quite deceptive, especially if hidden amongst lots of normal gaunts. Also I cannot resist trying to use two Tervigons: the look on my opponents face will be priceless! Here is my current list:

HQ
Tervigon
- Toxin Sacs
- Adrenal Glands
= 180

Troops

Tervigon
- Toxin Sacs
- Adrenal Glands
= 180

12 Devilgaunts
= 120

Elites
2 Zoanthropes
= 120

= 600

My opponent will unlikely be able to kill either of the Tervigons in turn 1 so I will get about 20 gaunts in turn 1. This way I can quickly flood the field with plenty of bodies while still having every angle covered: heavy/light tanks, heavy/light infantry and MCs. 

What do you think?

*EDITED POINTS COSTS, (thanks SinSynn)*

5 comments:

  1. Base cost of the Tervigon is 160 pts.
    With adrenal glands and toxin sacs it's 180.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. You are right but the total is correct though. Thanks for the help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would make FNP on one of your tervs a priority. First way: drop 2 devgaunts; Second way: give one terv ag and one terv tox; Third way: swap zoans for hive guard.

    Whichever - use the 20 pts to give one terv catalyst and the other scytals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought about having Catalyst. I will think about this further as FnP will be great on those Devilgaunts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think at 600 pts. other armies will have a hard time putting enough stuff on the table to stop you if those Tervigons get rollin'.
    Dropping two Devil 'gants for Catalyst and Scytals, as Ghostin suggested, is a good idea as well.
    I don't think you'll miss the 2 'gants, but Feel No Pain to throw on a big brood of Termagants might be handy...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails