About Xenos and Proud

This is a small blog about my Warhammer 40,000 hobby. I will try to concentrate on the tactics behind the general game and my Xenos armies but there will be the odd post about random stuff.

About Me

My photo
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Xenos and Proud is an 18 year old from Scotland who has been playing 40K for the last 4 years. He loves the 'under-dog' xenos armies, namely his Tyranid Gorgon splinter fleet, his Saim-Hann windrider host, his Tau Vleastean Hunter-cadre and the newest addition, the Shadowfax Corsairs. Although his tactics are mostly 'borrowed', his painting skills still 'developing' and his luck becoming evermore 'ridiculous' he continues to play, paint and roll in the hope that one day things will get better.

Wednesday 27 April 2011

Swarmlord?

Hey everyone,

I've been so busy it's ridiculous but I have had time for a few good games and some modelling and painting. Over the last few weeks I have built and based my Barracuda (obtained from Warhammer World at schools league), finished the Prime and built some Tyrant Guard. Very busy.

Anyway, I have also trialled the Swarmlord in some games via proxy and have to say I am impressed. I have been running him with two Tyrant Guard with Lash Whips and been providing them with Feel No Pain from Catalyst so they have most games been a giant bullet magnet that kills one unit spectacularly before dying.

However the army wide benefits are nice and justify his titanic cost as his 18" synapse range is handy, his buffs (including Preferred Enemy) are useful and his reserve tricks are decent if unused by me. In the games I've used him not one of my Tervigons has even dropped to half wounds so he is an excellent distraction.

When he reaches combat he is a monster (hehe) and I recall more than one game where I desperately needed a CC killer that can beat anything else thrown at it. Example being my first game against Demons and I could not kill the Demon Prince so he tore my army apart but the Swarmlord would have had him for lunch.

Overall I have decided he is worth modelling so I have a new Hive Tyrant kit and lots of Green Stuff and Plasticard. Time for a conversion.....

1 comment:

  1. The Swarmlords awesome, in the right place.

    I've had best use out of him running 2 Screamer Killer Carnifii at the same time- the opponent won't know which way to look as they descend on him.

    oh, and a new idea from Fritz (http://saimhann.blogspot.com/2011/04/ripper-deathstar-ftw.html)- use Rippers as a mini-Deathstar unit to tie up enemy. Doubly useful if you FNP them.

    Interested to see what you come up with for the conversion.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails